Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lovecraftian love affairs

first image from: enter the octopus
I wanted to cry with wantiness!

It costs about R3 000 and is available from loot. Please can I have it?
I also want stuff from the HLHS Bazaar.

I found it because I am in a rather Lovecraftian mood.
I watched John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness this weekend. just because. I was actually trying to get hold of Necronomicon, which I had seen at the not-our-local-video store but stupidly did not hire at the time. sigh. It's pretty difficult to get hold of, but it is available through amazon.fr.

Btw, I already own these so you see why I need the lovecraft retrospective... the Giger was a wonderful serendipitous bargain. We picked it up on a sales table for R120. no jokes. (it's valued at over R1 000). And the pretty Gollancz commemorative edition was a gifty from my loved one. and the plush cthulhu was a gift to myself.





2 comments:

  1. Nice collection there.. I am left wanting. The movies you mentioned are classics I have been familiar with for a long time. It’s funny; you’re mentioning them makes curious to see them once more. I only have the Geiger’s necro part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first watched necronomicon on ETV's late sunday night SF/horror specials ages ago :-) keen to rewatch! Not that easy getting hold of a copy...Read Lovecraft paperback collections out of the uni library (I considered borrowing them indefinitely but reconsidered). I didn't quite get around to buying them myself but my wonderful other gifted me the collectors ed. I have Dagon dvd. Plan to acquire the rest for my collection :-)

    ReplyDelete