Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dead tree pulp








This incisive Penny Arcade strip still evokes a mirthful chuckle. Thanks love!

While I may have (classic) e-books on my DSlite and I look forward to an affordable e-ink device that is more compact and portable than my unwieldy hardcover preciouses, I will always have a special space* reserved for superlative literary quality dead tree pulp.

*something I constantly require more of as my bibliophilic avarice compels me to liberate books from stores so that they may become part of my personal library...

I have tried in vain to catalogue my books (see my Librarything for a partial browse of my bookshelves) but the rate of acquisition far exceeds my compulsion to catalogue.

I idealistically made an attempt to review books as I read them but posted them to an inappropriate forum, so they were appreciated by only a few who share my passion. My intention is to blog them here, for posterity and maybe a shade of hubris ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment